BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, June 22, 2009

Word to my Mother

The Boy and I kind of skipped Father's Day this year, and also kind of skipped Mother's Day. Yesterday kind of blew up in our faces, and I need to get some words out to my Mother, because I have a hard time with face-to-face communication*.

Mom,
thank you for:

  • teaching me to be a smart, independent woman
  • teaching me not to back down for something I want, or I know is right
  • letting me develop my own set of morals, albeit different from yours
  • giving me the tools to get started in life.
  • teaching me that where ever I go, there is a different culture, and to embrace that culture
  • for sending your baby to Germany for 10 and 1/2 months. I know that that was scary for the both of us
  • I'm trying to be a good responsible human, while being a college kid. I'm trying to enjoy my life
  • dragging me up mountains (hike in the summer, ski in the winter), teaching me to canoe & kayak rivers, and showing me how to use binoculars, all by the age of 14 - so that I would grow up to love the outdoors
  • Thank you most, for letting me go. I need to be me. ( I know it wasn't/isn't easy)
I love you Mom.


(This is us before the Little Red Riding Hood race we did together.)




--------------------

*Just ask either The Boy, or The Roomie. Or anyone for that matter. They'll all confirm. Hahaha. The Boy is slowly beating his pacifism into my brain, while at times I make him more vocal than he ever has been.
You guys know how long I had to provoke him before he yelled at me? It took probably about a year and a half, which took serious patience on my part! I love him though. :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks,
love you too
Mom