BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, July 2, 2009

With a jar of Nutella

Being from the long line of sweet-tooths that I am, there is one staple that can (almost always) be found in each of my siblings (and mom's, and oma's, and aunt's & uncle's) households.
Today, we'll be discussing the jars that disappear from my mother's cupboard. Every time my 8yo niece visits.
Last night, I went down to my mom's house, to chat with my older brother who has just returned from China. He had picked up a dress (size M) that he though would fit me. I laughed at him. Flat out laughed. I picked up the size L that he had laying out, and tried to squish myself into it. I managed to get it over my shoulders (miracle!) but not over my fat butt.
Oh, right. Nutella.
My brother had all the goodies he brought back from China spread all over the guest bedroom. While sitting on the floor looking through everything, I leaned against the bed, and something shiney and silvery caught my eyes*. I leaned closer, and burst out laughing. It was a jar of Nutella, spoon still inside, lid barely on. Stashed between the bed and the wall.

We've also found jars (with spoons!) scattered throughout my mom's house. Including the rarely-used-steps that no longer connect to the no-longer existing deck.

Damn... now I want to go home and make toast, with nutella... mmmmm!


*"Ooooooh sparkley!!"

5 comments:

Sebastian Anthony said...

Have you ever chilled it until it goes almost solid, and then eaten it with a spoon?

We used to do that, as a family, with four jars... all in front of the TV. Usually while on vacation.

Meandering Mel said...

Oh my god. That sounds incredible.

I think I need to go chill my jar...

Anonymous said...

Nutella with bananas....yummy. I am sad they don't sell it at my work anymore.

Meandering Mel said...

What a bummer!!! You should check Wal-mart or Smith's (Kroger's) if you have one. Our Walmart and Smith's carry it, check in the peanut butter section. :)

Anonymous said...

Well I know where else to buy it but it just sucked that Trader Joes stopped carrying it because it was a bit cheaper there plus my discount.