Just so you all know it takes a lot to get me motivated to cook, bake or clean. I only clean my house in depth when I know we're either having A) a party B) Germans to visit or C) someone might* spend the night. Cooking really isn't that bad, but I'm really just kind of lazy...
Anywhoozle, about 2 weeks ago our next door neighbor, The Mailman, came over and offered us a couple of zucchini he has growing between his house and our driveway. (I'd been contemplating stealing some of his produce, but he's too nice, and I couldn't bring myself to do it...) After a week, I finally remembered his offer and came home with 2 giNORmous zucchini's. One is almost 2 feet long, and the other was about a foot and a half. So what do you do with giant zucchini's? Bake zucchini bread of course!
And I am.
And I shouldn't bake. Because I can't follow directions. And...
After a couple of trips to the grocery store (for more flour, sugar, vanilla and eggs) I finally got a batch into the oven.
Let's hope I didn't f* up round two (as round one is not to be mentioned. Ever)
....
......
....... (This is the jury (aka The Boy) deliberating)
......
....
And the verdict is in!
He wants me to keep baking more.
:)
(The first successful batch was delicious. Then made a batch of mini-loaves that had chocolate chips in them, and the third batch are regular sized loaves with chocolate chips - and in the oven now. I'm so excited. :) )
I'm going to hunt for my camera** to try and get some pictures.
--------------------
*Option C being the only reason our place looks decent right now. We were expecting company, only for his trip to be sabotaged by a toilet. (As for option B, it has happened a couple of times now (really!) and they strike more fear into me than any other nationality. Seriously!)
***Bytheway, if any of you know where my camera is, will ya let me know? My SD card was in the card reader, so I have that, but my camera has disappeared. *poof* I know it has to be around here somewhere...

0 comments:
Post a Comment