BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 9, 2009

Pretty Pretty





What do you guys think? It's kind of hard to tell that I even cut my hair, because it's still long, but... I love it. It was straight* about 30 minutes ago. Before I rode my bike to work (and I'm pretty sure it's going to rain today, so the humidity in the air didn't help at all). Not to mention the crappy lighting here in the Mac lab. No matter how good I look in my mirror at home, I look silly here in the lab. The lights are awful, and the green wall behind me obviously doesn't do me any favors. Blah!

Anyhair, you guys got anything exciting planned this weekend?

Tomorrow I've got :  staff meeting, work until 1:30, a neighborhood dinner**, a wedding reception, and shenanigans in the evening.  It'll be AWESOME. :)


------------------------------------------




*As straight as it can, since I have ridiculously curly hair.  (It can get pretty big)


**This would be my 3rd year going, and a lot of people have moved, so I wouldn't really know anyone... and I can't drag The Boy, cuz he went camping with the X-Roomie. Damn. I might just skip it.  (Most of the families are members of the local church, which I don't attend. And, they're all families... and I'm the weird-o who lives with her boyfriend. )

6 comments:

Levi Dean said...

1. Your not a weird-o. Don't let those members of the local church scare you, it never hurt our friendship.

2. Have fun at staff meeting and raise a little hell for me would ya.

3. What with the new explicit content warning when I try to look at your blog?

Meandering Mel said...

#2 Awwww thanks Levi! There was a newbie sitting in the back row, and you know... newbies shouldn't be in the back row! You have to earn sitting back there.

#3, It's about time. I swear a lot on here. Just a general warning that I don't always keep it clean.

Levi Dean said...

#2 Did you bitch slap that noob out of the back row? You should have pwned him!

Beverlynne said...

Hey I haven't checked in for a while... Really like your new picture and your looooonnnnggg hair!

Finished the books you recommended--all 11 of them! I'm like a junkie ... I need more... I need a fix... and you are my dealer!

Meandering Mel said...

Hahaha, I've glad I can be your book dealer.

Buwahahahahaha.

Have you looked at "The Eyre Affair" By Jasper Fforde?
You must must must read it. (It's hard to describe, and it has a little to do with Jany Eyre. Not a lot, but enough to make it interesting)

I demand that you read it as soon as possible. (I checked Logan's library, they have a copy available. Proof that you need to read it. :) )

Beverlynne said...

The Eyre Affair is now fifth on my current book list -- it's moved up from number eight!
Thanks