BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Winding down the year

The year is coming to an end (finally!) and I'm looking to 2010 with hope. Hope that I can make some attainable goals and stick to them*.

Goals I hope to achieve:

*Pass Anatomy and Physiology (two notoriously difficult classes at my school) in one semester. If I die during the next few months, please pass your condolences to The Boy.

*I'm also hoping, that I can graduate (EEEEK!) by next Christmas. I want to take some classes in the summer so that next fall semester can be a rocking semester of fun.

*As one of my besties put it, "quite being a lardass."  I agree. I need to stop. 2009 kind of sucked, and I stopped biking, and exercising and all that healthy stuff. I need to pick it back up. I need to start eating better, and quit buying junk. "Quite being a lardass."  Good goal, don't you think?

*Suck up my pride, shut my mouth, and calm the F* down. The Boy has accomplished so much in teaching me more self-control (although, I think I have a ways to go), and how to look at the other side of things.  He's also teaching me how to communicate better (because heaven knows that I'm terrible at it).  I also over-analyze and get all sorts of stressed out over the stupidest things.  He's helping me with that too. :) 

*Work up the courage to apologize. I've been a brat (shut up peanut gallery!) about quite a few things this year. If I want everyone to treat me like an adult, I sure as hell better start acting like it**.  Like the previous goal, I need to suck up my pride, and try to work things out. "Life's too short" and all that yada yada yada.  It'll suck, it'll be painful, but I hear that it's worth it.

*Quit the mother-f*ing-rambling. This, again, goes along with the whole "shut my mouth" thing. When I get uncomfortable in situations my mouth takes over, and I end up making an ass of myself.  The rambles. Oh, god, the rambles. I think it's also contributing to a stutter that I've developed. Ugh, that needs to go too. I hate it when I have a complete thought worked out, and it comes out jumbled. It's really starting to annoy the living heck out of me.  See? There I go again.


Well, my dearies, I hope that this holiday season was a good and happy one for you.  Mine was, rather interesting, and I'm hoping that New Year's will be rocking. See you guys in 2010?  (And since I haven't heard from many of you in ages, I'll be having a drawing for something cool*** to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of this corner of the interswebs. Tune in next week to see what's happening!)

I loves yous guys!

----------------------------------------

*I really suck at sticking to them. Ok, I just kind of hate making goals, but I guess it's something that's gotta happen, right?


** The (poor) Boy has been my sounding board all year long, and when I think back on some of our conversations from this past year, I really want to smack myself upside the head.  It's amazing that he didn't!



***Crap, now I have to find something cool.... ....

0 comments: