Last year we didn't get around to carving pumpkins*, so this year I made sure to buy the pumpkins early (about a month ago), to make sure we would carve them this year. I had visions of painting one black, then scraping off the layer of paint, and skin of the pumpkin in pretty designs (kind of) like this:
(image taken from this blog)
But, I ended up doing this...
(I was going for a pretty design, and after the first few steps, I took a step back and looked at it, and realized that what I had made looked like a scary eye, so I went with it... :) )
(Cute, huh?!)
And The Boy made this...
(I asked if his pumpkin was crying, but no, it's a scar... hahaha)
The Boy even put foil in the back of the pumpkin, and added his red bike light, so it flashes red and looks all evil and stuff. It's pretty bad-ass.
----------------------------
*We didn't get around to carving pumpkins, because we never got around to buying the damn things. This year, I made sure that that wouldn't happen, because I LOVE carving pumpkins. And decorating. And dressing up. I just love Halloween. :)
If you're curious, we used tools like these to shave off the top layers of pumpkin:
(Image found at this site)
ALSO, if you are local, please please please (oh, no. I'm begging) come visit me at the TSC Sunburst Lounge from 10am-7pm for the HOPE Festival. It's a fundraiser for CAPSA, and there will be over 30 vendors selling jewelry, headbands and other neat things. Along with live music and refreshments! Be sure to come by.






0 comments:
Post a Comment