K, so many of you know I snowboard, and I have a handful of goals for this season... here's a list:
*Learn how to do a grab. (Meaning, after I hit a jump, and am flying through the air, I lean down and grab my board, then let go, and hopefully don't crash)
*Learn how to do a 180 spin (Meaning, as I hit the jump, I hit it in such a way that I spin 180 degrees in the air, and land it)
*Moguls (The bane of every boarders existence... and I want to get better at them, instead of just scraping them)
*Waxing (The Boy loves to do a lot of stuff himself, so for Christmas I got him a bunch of stuff so that we could learn how to wax our own boards, instead of having it done at a shop. This way, if it's a crappy wax job then it's our fault, instead of feeling like we wasted money on it!)
*Riding Switch (Something I re-learn every year. Everyone learns how to ride either goofy or regular, and I happen to be goofy. Riding regular for me is usually pretty easy, depending on the set-up of my board, condition of the snow, and a bunch of other stuff. Getting used to it, and comfortable with it is a different thing. Riding switch is important for when I start doing tricks, and helps me be more likely to land a jump, and stuff like that. Also useful for getting myself out of tight spots (like trees!))
*Riding Backcountry (My oldest brother Cookie is already helping me with this, by giving me a map showing bad places to board, and good places. I want to have fun in the back country but don't want to end up doing something stupid that could get me hurt. )
So far that's about as much as I can come up with. I'm also hoping to make it out to Oregonsometime so I can go boarding with Cookie, which would be serious awesomeness. :) I'm not quite to his level of boarding (since I'm not a big fan of cliffs, but I hit a couple last year, and wouldn't mind trying some this year), but speed-wise I bet I could keep up. Hehehehe
As always, I'll do my best to have fun, ride hard and fast, and be safe. :)
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Goal for the snowboarding season
Posted by Meandering Mel at 12:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment