BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Board to live!














I love photoshop. Need I say more?

This boarding season is slowly coming to an end, which makes me sad... but then I can get back into biking, which is my summer passion. :)

Season passes to the beav for next season are going on sale starting March 10th, for $270 for an adult pass. I know it's a cop-out, but just like last year, this will probably end up being The Boy's birthday present. Am I lame or what? Or am I just so cool, that giving the gift of a season pass is acceptable?
You know what, don't answer either of those questions. :) Hahaha.

Since the season is coming to an end, I guess I need to review my goals for the season, and see how I did:

*Learn how to do a grab? - I'm such a chicken. Instead of trying for a grab, I was going for a lot of air. Which I did manage. :)

*Learn how to do a 180 spin? - Again. I'm a total chicken. I hate falling. And learning a new trick means that you fall down.

*Moguls? - CHECK! I hate moguls, but in my snowboarding class (How cool is it that my school offers snowboarding as a PE class??) we did a LOT of moguls and powder. So now instead of just sliding around and messing them up, I'm a lot better at riding moguls. Although, I do my best to avoid them. :)

*Waxing? - Actually, we haven't waxed the boards since the beginning of the season because we haven't needed to... Hahaha. I'm sure that Jake will pull out all the stuff once the season is over and prep them for sitting in the closet until next year.

*Riding Switch? - CHECK! In our class, we've been riding a lot more switch, which is good. It scares me, but I'm not too bad at it. :)

*Riding Backcountry? -CHECK-ish. Haha. Our teacher isn't allowed to take us off the back side of the mountain during class time, but he did show us all the fun stuff within bounds, that not too many people know about. Also, since I've been getting better, I've been exploring the mountain a lot more this year, and re-discovering runs that I used to hate. Now I love those runs. :) :) :)


This season has been an incredibly awesome season. I only had one crash that shook me up a bit (and it happened to be the day I wasn't wearing my helmet. How lame is that??) which is actually pretty awesome. Also, I don't know how it happened, but I found my "full-throttle" mode. I've gotten so used to riding faster and faster, that I'm not really sure how to turn it off and ride slow... I blame that on learning how to "dynamic carve." :)


Just hoping that the up-coming cycling season is as great for me as this boarding season has been!

1 comments:

Lexy said...

That is awesome that the boarding season has been so good to you. I am impressed I have to say that I only stick to carving and am still trying to get that down. Poor Dave hasn't gone yet, me being preggers doesn't really help. Anyways that is cool you are daring enough to go off jumps I don't know when I will do that.