BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines Day!

The Boy worked really hard on this, and I got a little bit teary eyed when I found out what he had planned.
He planned a night's stay for us at The Lodge in Jackson Hole, Wy. He'd also planned an afternoon of snowboarding as well.

It was only a 4 hour drive (which really didn't seem like 4 hours) and we took a different route than I was used to. We drove through the Canyon, and drove to the north side of Bear Lake. Passing a bazillion little towns (Paris, Id; Edna and even Montpelier!) and a bird refuge. We drove through Star Valley, and passed the Elk Refuge. And then we rolled into town. We drove around a while (up to Teton Village, The Boy had gotten bad directions from someone... so we took the VERY scenic route to our hotel) and then finally checked into our hotel. We had a king sized bed, and a jacuzzi tub! And a fireplace with a couch in front of it. :) It was a really unexpected and I felt like a princess. We unpacked everything and after looking at the tub, I decided to take a bath. It was awesome. After lounging for a bit, we went out to dinner at the local Snake River Brewery. The food was delicious, and we got our very first growler! (Which we brought back home and shared with friends)

After dinner we checked out some shops downtown, and got lost (again!) driving back to the hotel in the dark. The Boy was trying to drive North out of town (to heaven's only knows where...) and our hotel was the opposite direction. Guess he'd gotten all turned around and confused. Lol. Poor guy.
After we got back to the hotel we again just enjoyed the space of a king sized bed (The Boy's dream is to one day own a California King sized bed (Which is 6x7 feet. aka HUGE!) ) and watched TV.

Eventually we passed out, and didn't wake back up until about 9am. We had decided the night before that instead of going snowboarding (which would have been awesome) that we would rather just bum around downtown and see Jackson, since it was the first time that The Boy had ever been there. I was excited, because I found the candy shop which I had remembered from visits when I was a kid. :)

After that we left for home so that we would have plenty of time to make it back, unpack, and relax before life started again on Monday.

Overall, it was a really good trip. I had a lot of fun, and hardly noticed the drive at all. It was good to spend some quality time with my Boy, and hang out and not really do anything. :)

I'll get some pictures up when I have a chance.

0 comments: