BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, April 27, 2009

Driving with a driver

PSYCH! Do you think I am really cool to have a personal driver? I don't. I borrowed someone else's... GOLF CLUBS! Buwahahhahaha... ok. Fine. I'll stop. :)

Can you see Logan? I was on the western side of the valley in Mendon yesterday. Mom and I went for a bike ride, which by the end (for me) added up to little over 17 miles. :) The good thing about the weather? We didn't get rained or snowed on at all. Actually, I lie. After I left mom's place to ride the last mile home, it started to snow a little bit. And oh my hell, it got cold fast! Felt good to have ridden, and after I got home, I took a really quick shower and went with J and his dad to the driving range. (Please don't laugh!)


And just so you are all aware, I'm not exactly the world's biggest fan of golf. Last summer I worked in the cafe of the course that The Boy and his dad regularly golfed at, and decided, "Hey, I work here, might as well give this crap a try!" (Only, without the enthusiasm that the exclamation point implies...)
We'll skip the horror story that is my golf swing, and say that I would probably have enjoyed baseball more. (Larger target to swing at, no ridiculous stance, no stupid little metal stick...)

So, I decided to give it another try. The Boy and his dad (in the dark blue, The Boy is in the light blue) were really good about it. Only once did Papa Bear (The Boy's dad) say anything to me about it, only complementing me as I did progressively better.


OH! I wish you could tell from these pictures... but it also started to lightly snow on us. Not cute giant fluffy flakes, but hard little balls, that I think if it had rained at all, would have been considered hail.


Eventually I discovered my "stance." And then my "swing." It was going really well, until the wind picked up with the snow. I just started getting cold, and gave the last bit of my bucket 'o balls to The Boy and Papa Bear

We didn't do a whole lot after we got home from the range, hung out is all.



Turned out to be a pretty good Sunday, minus the snow and lack of decent sunshine. :)

How was your guys' weekend?


OH! Best thing about my Monday morning? It's finals week, and there are free donuts in the building I'm working in. YAY!

1 comments:

Kim said...

My Hubs tells me I look like a baseball player on crack when I swing a golf club.

I find that oddly comforting...

Glad you liked the scotch tape line from my blog! I love to hear the good stuff! :)