BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fishing the Fly's

Just going to get it out there while I can. I do not fish.

I like to eat fish, and go along on fishing trips (where I can set up a chair in a warm sunny spot and snooze away). But I myself, do not fish.

But The Boy does. Silly boy. He loves it. And is starting to get into fly-fishing. He's wanting to learn how to tie flies, and can manage to make a couple of the easiest flies.

Where do I figure in this whole thing? Well, I do a lot of crafts and have fairly small hands. So... The Boy has decided that I would be the cool kid on the block if I learned how to tie flies. (Meaning that while The Boy is out losing all his flies to trees and stuff, I will be back in my comfy cozy chair in my warm sunny spot tying more for him to lose to the trees and stuff)

(In the background you can see The Boy digging for more hooks to tie flies on) On the black clamp is the very first mosquito that I tied.


Ta Daaaaaaaa! Isn't it a cute little fluffy hook?

This was the third fly I managed to tie. A black mosquito.

Next are nymphs. (a lot like the mosquito, but they are fluffier around the middle part of the body, and can have different colors of shiny stuff wrapped around them, to make them attractive to hungry fishies).

The Boy is really excited for this summer, so that we can spend more time fishing. Until then, he has to wait for the snow to clear up. (Yes. It snowed here yesterday and last night. Not much, but enough to annoy a lot of people.)

Oh, and Easter Sunday, we did the church thing... and then the candy thing... and then we went fishing. (Yeah, really!) It was the one Sunday in the last 2 or so months that has been absolutely gorgeous. I took a nap in my lawn chair while The Boy and friends were tromping through the river losing their flies to trees and stuff.







Yeah. I seriously did just post about fishing.


(A handful of you have asked where the missing wallet was hiding... We have a huge pile of coats piled on a mountain bike next to our front door. I must have set my wallet on said giant pile o' stuff, and then it must have fallen into J's backpack. I found it Monday when I was staring at said pile, and contemplating digging through it. The backpack was at the front of the pile, and that is where I started. I dug through the small pockets on the front, then stuck my hand in the big main pocket and TA DA! Pulled my wallet out of J's bag... )


3 comments:

Dissolved Girl said...

Just reading about all the fishing made me tired and wanting to take a nap. LOL

Glad you found the missing wallet. :)

Beverlynne said...

When do you find the time to do anything extra?!!!!

Dissolved Girl said...

I just looked at my post and it was broken up into three. I posted it using my phone. I have now learned that you can only post no more then about 2 sentences for it to be on one post. LOL