BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Out of the loop

On Thursday while sitting in class, I had a grand realization. Next week is the last week of classes, and the week following that is finals.

How did this crap sneak up on me?

I've been texting a friend that is in my Thursday class. I was letting him know how class was, and wanted to make sure he wasn't "out of the loop." I then decided that I actually don't mind being out of the loop on campus events. I used to be very on top of things like that, but this year, I can barely manage to figure out what day it is. I am constantly looking at the syllabus for my Ancient Lit Class (Tues&Thurs) to double check what I'm supposed to have read. Not really paying attention to the date... I've been fine with anatomy, because all I have to do is show up and open my notebook. They remind us when stuff is happening (like the lab quiz that snuck up on me...) about a week before it happens.

I think I need to get my head back on straight... I've become slightly (HA! ok, very...) lazy this semester, and need to get my butt in gear.

The kittens aren't helping me much. Mama Jack is sitting outside the door meowing, and the kittens are just so damn CUTE! I need to run a few errands, let some dogs out, and keep a close eye on Wink (we had a trip to the vet yesterday... One of the neighbor girls stumbled and landed on another girls lap, where Wink was. When I finally got my hands on the poor girl, her jaw was dislocated, and she was bleeding. I about crapped myself, I was so freaked out. I shooed the girls home and put Wink in a box (a beer box actually, lol) for a trip to the vet. Turns out she's ok. The soft tissue around her jaw was torn, and the vet re-set her jaw, and said that she should be ok if we leave it. I have to take her back in two weeks for a check-up, and to see if it healed on it's own. If not, she'll need surgery to wire her jaw into proper position. She seems to be ok though. Running and harassing the other kittens aren't phasing her at all. I'm just so glad that she's ok...!)

I think I'm gonna go get dressed, and try to accomplish something today! Wheeeeee!




Other updates in the world. At least... in my world! It's gorgeous and sunny outside. :) I hope that it stays like this for a looooong time!

0 comments: