K, so after getting the new couch and bed into our place, I was all set to relax - alone- with The Boy. Kick back in the double recliners, stick a good movie in the DVD player, and veg out.
Then the doorbell rang.
Yeah.
(My reaction exactly!)
Don't get me wrong, I love having people over, but there are some nights where I think, "Really? Did that really just happen?"
Our friend the Snake, from down the street, had stopped in. (We had borrowed The Snake's truck to pick up the couch and bed. Next chance we would have had to get the new stuff would have been Monday, but The Boy wanted everything taken care of yesterday.) The Snake also works with my Boy at the car dealership, and a couple of Christmases ago at the company party, everyone got matching backpacks.
Yes, Snake and TB have matching backpacks. They are good backpacks, but the matching part has a drawback. The Snake always brings his over packed with a couple of beers and other munchies. And last night he went home with our matching backpack. The backpack that I currently use for school. The backpack that has all my notes in it for the anatomy quiz that I got up early to study for. The anatomy quiz that is in 4 hours, but my stuff is securely locked in Snake's apartment.
Ugh. And he'll go through the routine of, "Oh man! I'm so sorry! Gosh, I can't believe I grabbed your bag! Oh man! I'm so sorry!" (Do you get the impression that these sorts of things have happened before? Hm...)
I'll just use my other notes to try and get by, but honestly, I want to smack Snake upside the head sometimes.
K. Here is the part where I sound like the moron. Turns out I had left my backpack in the car from furniture shopping yesterday... I feel like an ass having posted this before finding my bag and knowing the whole truth of what happened to my bag. But to be blunt and honest... if my bag had been inside the house, Snake probably would have gone home with it. I will go hide in my pit of despair and shame now - for having jumped to conclusions...
Have We Forgotten How To Be A Couple?!
3 hours ago

2 comments:
Oh man, that sucks. Next time he come by you need to stop him for a mandatory backpack check before he leaves your place. LOL
Ugh. Seriously!
I think he said that he's going to be moving away over the summer. I don't want to be a jerk, but I'm not going to miss him that much. He is bad karma in human form.
Post a Comment