BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Totally Awkward Tuesday...

Read about this on another lady's blog (Secret Life of Tova Darling). She told a story of an awkward boob moment.

I work as a demo lady for a local guy who sells salad dressing. Every Friday and Saturday I am sent to a grocery store, where I spend the two days pushing this dressing. Coercing people to try the awesome deliciousness. Two weekends ago, I was at a grocery store in the big city (aka SLC). This was a snobby grocery store, and I was able to sell a few bottles just by mentioning that it was one of "Utah's Own." (Meaning it was a local product, not shipped in from somewhere else)

On Saturday, I was talking to a cute little Greek lady, who told me that her son was a doctor. She also told me that her doctor son occasionally filled in at the hospital here in the valley, and that we should get lunch sometime. Oh, and Doctor Son is single. After sweetly muttering "No thanks," she grabbed my hand.
"You married?" She demanded.
"Uhhhhh, no, but..."
"You need meet my son!" (This whole time, Doctor Son was trying to politely walk away, while trying to drag his mother with him)
His face flushed, then my face flushed.

Yeah. Awwwwwkward!

(Doctor Son totally seemed like a nice guy, but is obviously ok with being a bachelor... Oh, and I'm in a relationship! Maybe I need to get J to get me a ring so stuff like that will stop happening to me...)



You guys got any awkward moments to share?

OH! And the coolest thing that I saw while demoing in SLC, was the hippy lady with a soul patch (she shaved the rest of her face) and the man dressed like a man but trying to be feminine - which he totally failed at- while wearing neon pink lipstick and a lot of mascara.

4 comments:

Former Fat Chick said...

wait, a bearded lady with a soul patch?!

I love crazy old ladies, I admire them knowing one day that I WILL BE THAT LADY!

Dissolved Girl said...

bwahahahaha.... OMG. I am dying.

Meandering Mel said...

Yeah... Not really into being hit on by little old Greek ladies. :)

Lexy said...

OH my gosh that is the funniest thing ever! I hate it when people are so insistent on you meeting their relatives. Especially when the other party doesn't seem interested. Oh you are too funny!