Make it longer than 2 weeks without... a snowstorm?(I literally just took this picture about 5 minutes ago. You can see Mama Jack outside the window, doing her best to ignore the snow and take a nap.)
It makes me a little bit crazy inside.
Updates of Cuteness?
Sgt. Pepper curled into a ball on the couch, and was the very definition of adorable sleeping kitty. Wink however, is the definition of 100% goofball.
The Boy was playing a video game, and she started attacking his wrist, and shortly after started to fall asleep. She relaxed into what must have been the most uncomfortable position, but we couldn't get her to lay forward. So, we just left her bent in half backwards and snapped pictures instead. Too damn cute. :)
The Boy had yesterday off (as well as today) so we've been doing a whole lot of nothing. And it has been glorious!
Our 4runner is back up and running (after I tried to blow it up...). It only cost $350 in parts to repair it. I am eternally grateful that The Boy is a mechanic, and can manage to fix whatever I manage to break.
Speaking of breaking things. I have a theory about myself. We all know the story of Midas, the king with the golden touch, right? Well... I am Mel, the female with the breaking touch. I break things, and I don't know how. The 4runner? I don't know if this was entirely my fault, but I was driving it when the fan exploded and punched a hole in the hood of my baby. (Punching holes in the radiator, battery, and the resonator of the cool air intake system.) Other things that I should stay away from? Our vacuum cleaner. But that could be because we have shag carpet... Next thing? Our dishes. We have cheap stuff from Walmart, but we have managed to break most of our tall glasses, but very few of our short glasses. The list could go on, but it's better if I stop, for fear of jinxing myself further.
So, it's been awhile, but I need to do it again. Another plug for my Etsy store... Check me out at HandMadeDanglies.etsy.com. I have been kind of frustrated with the lack of sales, but then again, I have not advertised myself very well. One of my neighbors and I are thinking of selling our stuff at local festivals and fairs this summer. We want to share a booth, so as to cut down the cost of being there, so that we can focus more on selling our items. Other than etsy, I have found 3 other possible places to sell my stuff. Right now, I am kind of relying on word of mouth. If I give enough of my earrings away to friends, then their friends will ask where they can find my stuff. That and I want to get mini-business cards made (or make them myself) so that when I do sell something on etsy I can send them my card, and hopefully keep them coming back. I think I need to get on that, so I am prepared for when my stuff starts selling.
I have considered selling at the local farmer's market, but from the handful of people I've talked to... it's kind of a hassle, and a pain in the rear. Still thinking on it.
Well, I would love to keep updating you all, but J and I are apparently going to some lunch thingy at the roommates lady's workplace. I have to go make myself presentable (right now I don't even dare look in a mirror!)
Much love to you all, and wish you guys a fantabulous weekend!
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Will we ever...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I cannot believe you guys are still getting snow! It is so hot here today, we have been sitting on the balcony and refuse to go into the oven that is our apartment.
The snow is...I have no more words for it! And that's good you have a friend to fix things! lol! Maybe you should think about the things that you haven't broken...yet! LOL jk! Haha! You have a great weekend too! =0)
Post a Comment