One last update before I am off for the weekend! :)
As for the title? My mom and I are training for a bike race that is going to take place on the 6th of June. We signed up for the 68 miler, and by damn we're gonna do it! I have no excuse to crap out and do less mileage... because... today I rode 64 miles. (Mom only got 62-ish in, because I live about a mile away from her, and rode to and from her house). And boy, even with an $80 beautiful seat, and the most awesome padded shorts ever, my girly parts are going to be angry for about a week. Oh well, just proof that I need to ride more, and get my "sit bones" used to being back in the saddle again. (Who else just heard a country voice sing "Back in the saddle again..." when they read that? Wowee)
And because I'm weird, I want to tell you guys about all the stuff I saw on the road today! I saw a melting animal (Don't ask. It's Gross), about 5 dead snakes, a handful (3-4) of dead skunks, a couple of cats (one was fresh, and I couldn't look at it), la la la the list goes on. Mom and I were riding the country roads, so roadkill is common and no longer exciting. To top it off, as mom and I were chatting a small fly, (gnat, not exactly sure what) flew in my mouth, hitting the back of my throat. Yup, extra protein for me! And when I got in the shower after our delightful ride to hell and back, I discovered a dead, smushed, flattened, dried, fly stuck to my chest. Not sure how it got there, because I had my green riding vest zipped up pretty far, but I was kind of grossed out. Especially after the fly in the mouth. Ick...
Hehehe. I shall leave you guys now, and hope you have an awesomely fantastic weekend!
(This is my proof to you that I really have ridden at least 63 miles. :) I cleared the odometer at my mom's place, so we could compare the two distances. There was a small discrepency, but not much. How cool is that?)
Friday, May 22, 2009
Back in the Saddle again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You and your mom are amazing! My butt hurts after 10 minutes on my bike. Ouch, it hurts just thinking about 63 miles!
your a BEAST! I am so impressed!
Post a Comment