BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

All you need is Love...

Do any of you know the Beatles song? OF COURSE YOU DO! If not... go google it. Now. I demand it of you.
That said, I have a picture for you, that I totally just stole off of b-spLendid's blog. More specifically from this post Levels of Love. Go check it out. (But not if you're having a rough day, I got teary-eyed. )




Life has sneak attacked me from behind (again! Ugh) and it snuck up in the form of Identity Theft. I woke up after an awesome night's sleep to a new voicemail on my phone. I looked at the number, but didn't recognize it, so I went ahead and listened to the message. It was from my bank's headquarters and there was a problem with my account. Confused, I logged into my online banking system, and sat open-mouthed for about 3 seconds. There were 4 new charges, the smallest being $35 to the biggest being $589.41. The total charges are over $760, and I about died. All I wanted to do this morning was sleep in (which I had done) and go grocery shopping (not anymore...).
I immediately called my bank, deactivated my card, and logged a complaint. I will be getting a new card, and paperwork within a week or so. Today was spent as a full day of calling TransUnion (issued a fraud alert, and froze my credit), the local police (the detective seems really nice, but told me not to get my hopes up on getting my money back) and a good bit of time was spent freaking the f*** out. Tears, curse words, and silent screaming got me back to a level-headedness where I could start working on getting everything straightened out. (The biggest is from a blank website, and one is from a Christian t-shirt site. Yes, someone stole my account number to buy Christian t-shirts. I am absolutely livid over that one.)

Enough of that. I refuse to let being over $760 in fraudulant debt ruin the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend! This year will be the Second Annual of Camp Buffalo Solja. I am so excited. Here are mini-pics from last year.





All I need to survive this stupid identity theft, is a little love. A good weekend away from all things money, and close friends to make it better. Which is exactly what Second Annual will be. Bring on the friends, party, booze, fire, and food to make me forget life for a few days.
I hope you guys have a blast, and wish you a good, safe, healthy weekend!

2 comments:

Lexy said...

oh my gosh Melissa I am soo incredibly sorry. Dave had that happen to him when we were dating. A couple of times though. It was through ebay. 'they sent him a chek that had like 2-3000 dollars more than the amount and asked for it sent back in money order form. Ya the got DAve bad. It totally sucks. We had other things like that happen it totally bites a big one. hang in there. it will pass.

Anonymous said...

Ugh!! I'm so sorry!! That's awful! Who steals money to buy Christian t-shirts??? That's just wrong. I hope you get everything worked out. I think most bank cards refund your money if the card was used fraudulantly? At least, I know that's the case for Visa check cards. Hopefully it's that way with yours, too.

My friend's car was once broken into, and they stole all of her CDs - most of which were by Christian artists. I had to laugh when she said, through her tears, "Well, I hope they LISTEN to the CDs. Maybe they'll feel convicted about their sins!"