That's right dear readers, I spent the day with Mom, my sister M and her 8 year old, and J and her 18 month old. Yes. Me, and Team Estrogen!
It started out as a rough morning, as the cool air intake fan on our apartment, which lies directly above our living room, was squeaking, scratching and squealing. It woke me up at 3am, and I slept like crap until Jake's alarm went off at 6:45. I almost cried... so I stumbled to the couch and slept until 8. :) It was a peaceful hour of sleep!
We all met up at my oldest sister's house (M) and went downtown for the city's annual marathon and kids run. I got begged by the 8yearold to run the kids 5k. ("Aunt Melissa, will you please run with me?" - How could I say no to that?!)
Nothing like getting your butt kicked by an 8 year old in a 5k to remind you that you're out of shape. (I gave up half-way. Her dad was running with her, and I walked to the finish line... I'm pathetic. I just kept telling her it was amazing how fast she was. Hehehe)
We waited until my mom and sisters rolled in with the 18-month old. Then hung out and had fun around the finish line.
We finished up the morning/early afternoon with a stop at Subway and lunch at M's house. The 18-month-old was playing with the 8-year-old's baby carriage with a cat in it. Literally. The two little monsters (Ok, the 8y-o's mainly) packaged one cat up, and wheeled her around the house in a baby carriage. AND SHE TOOK IT! I had to poor the free furball after a few laps around M's house.
<--- Kitty baby, and the 18-Month-old. It was adorable. :)
So yeah... all in all, I did get conned into a day with the girls, but it wasn't as horrible as I imagined. :) Everyone was on their best behavior, and we had a fun time hanging out.
Oh, and HAPPY WEEKEND. Just...reminding you guys that it is Saturday. :) I'm headed with the boy down to his dad's for a little meat grillin & beverages! Hope you guys make it a good one.
Have We Forgotten How To Be A Couple?!
3 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment