BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Drive Me Crazy

As this hits the Dashboards, I will be traveling to Oregon, to visit my ever cool, oldest brother, Cookie. I am excited to visit him, his really cool wife, and my nieces that are too dang cute for words.

Going along for the ride will be the Mom-Unit, My Bro, and my 8-year-old niece C. It's going to be a hell of a trip crammed into my mom's cute little Mitsubishi Outlander.

It'll be a hell of trip traveling 600 miles* (in one direction). Thankfully, The Niece will have her portable DVD player with a good stock of entertainment. I'll also be stopping at the library to get some audiobooks. For the three adults, and a couple for the midget.

I'm hoping to sneak a bottle of Chardonnay into the car, as a thank you to the SIL for letting us invade (when in doubt, bribe with booze, right?). I just hope my Thank You doesn't come across the wrong way, because I'm trying to be polite, that and she scares the crap out of me. Hahaha.

I think I'll have to take a few minutes somewhere in this crazy day and re-stock my ipod with suitable music (Sorry Tenacious D. Your F*** words don't fly with the Mom-Unit) for good religious people and little ears. I still want decent music, but... the profanity will have to be saved for another trip. *sigh* I'm sure I'll find something. I mean, our 500GB external harddrive does have over 100 GB's of music, and while a good chunk of that is duplicates and triplicates (think 12 copies of most Pink Floyd & Beatles albums...) there is still a good selection to choose from**.


Well bloggy friends. I hope you guys are having a stellar evening, becuase I am trapped in a small red car, covered in bikes, and full of people.

---------------
* Point A to Point B (apprx)

**Even The Boys dad was impressed, and slightly annoyed, by the volume of stuff on the harddrive when I was helping him update his mp3 player last week.

5 comments:

black vanilla rose said...

oo i love roadies!! that's one thing we just couldnt do back in nz!! have fun (:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend!! Its calling for snow here, so no roadtrips this weekend. :( Canada really sucks sometimes. lol

Former Fat Chick said...

I hope you yelled out SHOT GUN! So you get to ride co-pilot!

Jake said...

is your older brother's name really cookie?

rachaelgking said...

I think the chardonnay is a FABULOUS idea... for both of you. ;-)

Have a blast!