Again, another update on the adventures of identity theft. (Can identity theft really be considered an adventure? Well, I guess not all adventures are good ones, so I guess it works)
I successfully have rid myself of the $600 Italian Men's Prada shoes that were fraudulently charged to my account, and then sent to my apartment. The
man just came and took them away. YAY! Now the bank can get $600 back, and they're only out about $100 ($50 for one charge, and the rest for a bunch of overdraft fees and stuff).
I find this very awesome, considering that the original charges had added up to more than $800 (with all the overdraft crap).
It was one hell of a wake-up call, and I really learned a lot from this (does that sound too mature? Oops!).
(To visit the outrageous website from which the shoes were ordered, click here. I don't have anything against the website, other than I cannot afford anything on their website. Nope, not even the $97 Valentino ties that I personally, think are hideous. I bet I could find a similar tie at a local thrift-store for cheaper than what the shipping on one of those ties would be! But then again, I've be raised to be careful with my funds, so even if I had the money, I doubt I'd ever order something like that. Haha)
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
F* You Hacker Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
wtf thats awful! what a mess.
by the way im with you, i consider making an anonymous blog on like a daily basis. BUT thats actually the topic of my post for tomorrow so you'll have to visit - im trying to give us all a little escape haha!
Are you sure the boyfriend didn't just fancy himself a pair of really expensive shoes...?
It always amazes me how scarily powerful banks are! Recently, I stopped working quite so hard, and thus I've been banking less money.
Only a month after I stopped working, I got a letter from my bank telling me 'Hey, it's OK if you've been fired or something, phone us, we can help!'
Scary how much they can work out from one missed payment -- and considering I'm a freelancer with highly erratic payments in the first place... even more impressive!
Seb - If The Boy wanted a pair of expensive shoes, he better have told me! Lol, I would've demanded a pair as well.
(I knew they weren't for him, considering the name on the package was for someone we don't know, but had them shipped to my address. Stupid MOFO)
When I told my bank about the fraud charges, they immediately told me, "Not a problem. We'll deactivate that card, and get you a new one, and get all that money credited back to your account."
Hmmm...
Post a Comment