Good morning all you people of the world! (Wowza. Sorry guys)
I have a quick rant to start your Monday out juuuuust right.
I'm currently at work, in the computer lab of boredom. (AKA, for those of you that know me in person, I'm sitting in the UR lab on campus.) I am surrounded by cement walls*, buzzing lights, and plastic covered iMacs. This lab (during the school year) is usually full of graphic and art design students. In the summer, during any given shift, I am lucky to have 1-2 people come into the lab to actually use a computer (and not ask me where so-and-so's office is. BTW, I have no f*ing clue. Do I look like a building directory - JUST got asked where the maintenance closet is. Seriously people. I DON'T KNOW these things, and I don't get paid to know. Frankly, I just don't care.).
So, being that I rarely have anyone in here, today started out with a lady coming in within 10 minutes of me opening. (WOW!) And, it's freaking quiet in here, and I can generally hear everything. Unless you are the creepy lady, with the black shirt, funky pants, and (faded) bright PINK lipstick (and she needs to re-dye her hair, it's not lookin so good...). Who snuck up me this morning. You stand there, just outside the range of my peripherals, and you expect me to see you? Speak up, lady! Say something. Don't scare the shit out of me. It's barely 8:45am. I'm not 100% awake yet, and I don't necessarily want your help getting to 100% awake.
If you want to be the creepy, sneaky, startle-those-around-you Lady, then please, go elsewhere.
(Ugh, I suck, I know)
*The building I'm sitting in was originally built as a temporary airplane hangar during WW2. (I think. It's one of "those rumors" that's going around) This building wasn't designed to still be standing over 50 years later. The roof has never been "attached", and was just... kind of... dropped on the building. Not sure how it was considered "up-to-code" but a bunch of guys have been working on it all summer to get it up to that "code." Which means debris. Everywhere. Which pissed my boss off, because none of the construction/maintenence guys realized that all the shit that's falling has to go somewhere. All over our multi-thousand dollar iMacs, giant super scanners, and has f*ed up 2 of our 3 printers. My boss was furious when I called him the first morning that I noticed debris. There were dime, penny, nickel and quarter sized chunks of concrete all over our lab. Without anything protecting our computers. Woah RANT. Stopping... slowly.

0 comments:
Post a Comment