BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Positive UPDATES!

Updating on Getting Cozy with the Cops - The swat team came in yesterday afternoon and surrounded the Blue House (refer to previous post for diagram of houses), and arrested everyone, but one lady (who has 4 young children). I missed it too! I was (insert SHAME!) napping on the couch, and missed all the excitement. I suck at window watching! Hahaha.

I give extreme Kudos to our local law enforcement for being so quick to address the problems in my neighborhood. I'm downright freaking impressed*!

I'm also impressed with everyone in the neighborhood for being so upset by these problem-makers. Everyone has repeatedly been calling the police (last Friday the police showed up four different times - in a 12 hour period) making complaints. Complaints that the police can use to charge these suckers! :)



On another note, I have a job interview today. I'm freaking out, as I haven't interviewed for a job in 2-3 years**! I'm nervous, but the company was formed by graduates from my university, and seems like a really cool place to work. Drueck mir die daumen***!



--------------------

*I was slowly losing faith in our local cops, but their attention and action to the gang/drug problem has bumped them up a few notches in my book. I'm so glad that they are aware of the problems, and aren't ignoring them.

**They've always seemed to fall into my lap... Hahaha. Like the computer lab I'm working in (Levi, Jon totally gets credit for me having this job! Hehehe), and the catering place I used to work for... Good/crazy stuff happens to me sometimes!

*** German saying that loosely translates to: Wish me luck! (Direct translation: Press your thumbs for me!)

5 comments:

Ebony said...

Yay! That's fantastic! I hope it remains peaceful.

Levi Dean said...

My thumbs are pressed!

How do I get credit for you getting a job at the labs?

Michelle said...

I was going to write a comment saying that my thumbs were pressed...guess whoever Levi is had the same thought. Good luck!!

Meandering Mel said...

Silly Levi, I mean that Jon got me the job. ;)

The job interview went really well. I think. :) I should be hearing back from them sometime early next week!

Slacker said...

hey i nominated you for an award!check it out on my blog when you get the chance.