I recently wrote about my Summer Soaps, and how I'm the creepy neighbor always looking out her window. Well, I now have good reason. I'm slowly getting used to seeing the cops at least once a day, if not more. And not just one car, but two to three, to sometimes four (up to six and seven if the Highway Patrol and Campus Police join in the fun).
It's official. My neighborhood is the #1 problem in our city. With Meth & Gangs just a few houses down. Scary shit.
Small children (under the age of 10) are no longer allowed outside of their homes to play. Not even into their backyards. Little girls that used to cruise up and down my driveway just a few short months ago, are now restricted to staying inside* and driving their mother insane.
So, what was a joke last week, is a major problem this week. I thought I was paranoid before, but I'm kind of freaking out now. The Ex-Roomie and his Girl are considering buying small handguns (and taking classes, and getting Concealed Weapons Permits), because they are that freaked out. They live right across the street from the White House, and have witnessed drug deals.
Seriously, what happened to the good, quiet little town that I grew up in?
*A couple of families with fences that connect their backyards have been propping ladders up, so the kids don't have to walk around the block to their friends (and pass the gang houses), but can just crawl over the fence into their friends' backyard.
** "Little Mexico" is a complex on the next block down from us, with The Blue House, and The White House. The Blue and White houses had a huge fight last weekend, and a lot of people moved across the street to hang out at The Blue House. Half of the White house is closed (waiting to be condemned) because of Meth...
***His backyard, where his grandchildren play, connects to the backyard of the White House (Meth House), and he still won't do a damn thing. -------The Cops are well aware of this guy, and how he's a major slumlord. They're working on racking up the charges on this guy, and sending him to jail, to hopefully get the message through. Also, the city is working on imposing Licensing for landlords, to make sure their properties don't become problems, like in our neighborhood. The Cops are hoping that with a license, if a place gets out of control, they would be able to yank the license of the landlord and shut things down faster. Curious how this will play out.


4 comments:
That's sad...and crazy. Shame on the owners of the property who don't care! I'm interested to hear how this will play out also.
Oh my that is crazy scary. I thought Logan was the safe place but when we had our storewe had a 2,000 dolllar trailer stolen and window shot out, and other stuff. I cant believe its that bad. im sorry.:(
First let me say I love how you foot note your blogs. Second, I used my knowledge of Logan to figure out where you life from your picture. I always thought that was a pretty good neighborhood. A little on the older side, but cozy. Third, I hope the scumbag landlord does time, and I hope he isn't the scumbag landlord I use to have.
Good news everyone! Our local swat team arrested a TON of people yesterday. Probably 20-30 people. I've had bad experiences with the cops in the past, but working with them the last few weeks hasn't been too bad. I'm impressed how concerned they are about the gangs/drugs/violence!
Post a Comment