BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, November 9, 2009

F* You Illustrator!

If you read here and here, you will see that I have had a long standing battle with Illustrator.  To the point, that I openly hate illustrator.

This past Saturday, at my work, we had our monthly staff meeting. Usually, it's a couple hours of blah blah blah-training on some random program -  blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Well, we had training this past Saturday on Illustrator. And of course, we didn't have time to finish the training, and we are supposed to finish it on our own time. Right now, I'm struggling to outline a pear.




Start at Point A, and keep going.  I can't get past Point B. See that little yellow dot by Point B?  I can't figure it out... and even one of my managers (not the one who did the training) can't help me...

Oh well, I'll struggle for a bit, and hopefully today I'll see the manager that CAN help me. :)


Stupid Pear..

(Authors note - I got it to work! After my manager and I struggled for awhile, I realized that the lab I am working in today, got "Classroom in a Book" books for Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop, and a handful of others. After looking through the Illustrator one, I found the exact stuff I was trying to do, and how to do it, and followed the tutorial. Wanna see my pear(twss!)?    Notice the bite marks off to the side. That was our (manager and I) futile attempt.  After figuring out how to use the tools, and learning how to get my lines to respond, it took about 45 seconds to trace my pear. 45 SECONDS!  I spent about 2 hours struggling with it before picking up the book... )


3 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

These programs are tricky. I know the program C.A.D. but it took me forever to get the hang of it & a few college courses. Good luck!!

Dissolved Girl said...

GAH! F Illustrator! I almost did not pass that class in school. What happened to good old fashioned hand drawing? I am techie challanged as it is.

Hope it works out for you!

Meandering Mel said...

I'm slowly figuring it out. When I finish my assignment, I'll post it, so you guys can see what I did. :)