The Boy and I have been sick* these past few days. Which is lame, because Dooley, our favorite college kid from Denver, is visiting. She's been great with dealing with our sniffles, coughs, and general sick whining.
We've had a blast this week having her here.
We've
- hit some hot springs, which was awesome. It was a picture perfect snowy afternoon, simmering in the hot pots in Idaho
- attempted snowboarding behind a snowmobile - which was fun. (Until my bro and his bud had to leave to go out on a search and rescue for a guy who had been missing for a few days -btw, they found him)
- accomplished some general laziness - complete with me getting closer and closer to beating the very first video game (for the xbox 360) that I have ever been addicted to. (Indiana Jones Lego, the first one)
- slept in every day
- spent a gazillion dollars at Ross and TJ Maxx. (Got some freaking good deals on the shiney new coat for The Boy, and a pair of pants that make my butt look good, and Dooley got a hundred billion adorable sweaters - Damn that girl is fun to shop with!)
- hung out with the Ex-roomie**, and S&R and watched Across the Universe last night. We always end up turning it into a sing-a-long, and I was ecstatic to find that Netflix has it on instant play.
- drank a lot of beer. Hahahahahahahaha, and it's been hilarious.
- We've also reminisced about the time we spend together in Germany***, and how some of that year sucked, some of it rocked, and the time we almost got arrested.
And I have to show you this picture, because it is hilarious:
Dooley's stuff is on the left, my stuff is in the middle, and The Boy's is the ginormous set.
("Can you hear me now?")
Her tiny set is so damn cute!
We tried getting a picture of us with the boards, but we all came out looking like dinkuses (dinkus' ? dinki? I dunno...)
---------------------------------
*I'm not sure about The Boy, but I think I'm on the mend. I've been drinking a lot of hot lemon, honey and cayenne to help my cough. :) My throat isn't as sore, and my cough isn't as bad. Yay!**We're also the best kidnappers of all time. We held the Ex-Roomie hostage until his girlfriend was escorted by our two best bodyguards (R and The Boy) to come and hang out with us last night. Ex-Roomie was tied to a chair, fed chocolate (filled with brandy), and given a beer with a straw in it. I think he enjoyed himself. :)
*** We were both participants in the same exchange program, and it's how we met. Year sucked= because our host moms we're all crazy, year rocked= because of Koeln, and Berlin and tight pants, and we almost got arrested in Berlin, but it wasn't our fault, I swear!

0 comments:
Post a Comment