I love snowboarding. I adore it. I even plan my Spring semester of university around the boarding season. (The past 3 years I have taken a snowboarding class here at my Uni, but decided not to this year) Even my job knows that I board as much as possible*.
The last two weeks at the local resort have been awful. Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. There is a nasty inversion** here in the valley I live in, and the weather at the resort has been around 40 degrees Fahrenheit. G.L.O.R.I.O.U.S temperature = shitty snow. It's spring conditions up there. Slushy snow, rocks, tree stumps. I skipped going boarding yesterday, and I'm getting super excited for this storm. It's FINALLY snowing here. And I have to refrain from doing a dance at work (ok, so I did my dance earlier when no one was here yet)
The only thing that does freak me out about the snow, is I have to pass through a delightful canyon where the weather is nastier than the valley to get to my physiology class. Meh, I have a 4runner, and I don't drive like a moron in the snow. It'll be fine. :)
(Oh my heck, I had the craziest dream last night. Complete with Alec Baldwin (I <3 30 Rock), giant robots that appeared from nowhere, and being in the top half of a high riser that was ripped in half and carried away by a robot. Freaked me the F* out Oh, and there was a random pregnant lady that kept having to pee. That was kind of weird....)
** I live in a valley that is mostly surrounded by mountains. The bowl shape holds in the icky air, and is only forced out if we have a storm of some kind.

0 comments:
Post a Comment