Well, last week was pretty uneventful. I took my first anatomy exam (from the dreaded evil anatomy prof) and I didn't do as well as I had hoped on the multiple choice. I get the rest of the results tomorrow.
Friday took me by storm... Ha. I went boarding with Samma-lamma and JP (We have a snowboarding class on Friday afternoons, and we all carpool. :) ) and Rob came as well. It was a really good day, and we rode hard, hit powder, and unfortunately I ended the day with a good spill on the catwalk. I even had to clean up a yardsale ( meaning, when I ate it, my hat and goggles flew off. As did one glove, which I'd had attached to my wrist, so it didn't come off. I picked them up, and continued on my wounded pride way). As I came out of the run, I was herded into the parking lot with everyone else. They were bringing in a chopper. Totally killed the euphoria I'd had all day. Someone had to have been hurt pretty bad to bring in a bird, as well as an ambulance. My heart goes out to the injured person, as well as their family.
But enough of that! It was a really good day, and when I manage to steal Rob's camera, I'll post the videos (YES! VIDEOS!) of me hitting my favorite jump, and cute cute pictures of us girls. :) It was fun to have someone along that was willing to shoot us. :)
Friday night we hosted a poker night with our closest friends. It was really awesome, and I never thought that cramming 10 people into my tiny apartment would work. And that we wouldn't have any "incidents." We got lucky. Everyone enjoyed themselves, and nothing got out of control (thank heavens). All night I was still a bit sore from the spill I'd taken at the mountain, and after a run to the grocery store I was so excited to hang out, that when I was hurrying down the driveway, I hit yet ANOTHER patch of ice and went down... again. I had 4 pizzas in my arms, and just laid where I was. I felt so silly that I hadn't been more careful, that I just laid in the driveway laughing. The guys were all outside enjoying the fresh air (aka, our guests were taking a smoke break) and I had fallen in front of 6 guys. Yeeaaaaaahhhhh. Jason tried to help me up, and only managed to spill his cocktail on me, which only made me laugh harder. So, my bum muscles are not only sore from boarding, but also sore from spilling in the driveway. Hahaha. We crack me up. :)
Well, I'm off to the mountain for another lovely day. :)
I really will try and post those pics and vid's soon!!!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Sore is as Sore does
Posted by Meandering Mel at 8:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment