Snowboarding is definitely on the agenda for today. I would be insane not to go. The Beav got 20 inches yesterday. They haven't been over 80 inches (as a base depth) at all this year, and they are currently sitting at 88 inches! I about peed myself with excitement when I checked their website this morning. :) 
We have a test today in my Ancient Lit class. Covering Agamemnon, Oedipus, and Hippolytus. Not too bad, as well as a paper on the 3 due next tuesday. (My group and I are writing about the similar themes in each play)(image stolen from here)


And the coffee. This one breaks my heart. I don't normally drink coffee,cuz... it's just not really my thing, but I've started to this past semester. Well, on campus, they use beans from a local coffee shop, which I think is neat that the University is supporting local businesses. Well, I tried a special blend one day, and about died. It was an amazing bled of cinnamon, hazelnut (they had me at hazelnut...) and cream. I finally made it downtown to the Ibis to buy a pound (for trying to shopping local, it was more expensive than getting a pound of beans at the grocery store!). Then the real test came. I set the bag of beans out last night, so the guys would take a hint, and make a pot of Sally's Special. And... it's just not the same. I'm guessing that not enough beans were ground for the amount of water... and it doesn't smell the same either. I apparently now know what a weeeeeeaaaaaak cup of coffee tastes like. Water. Warm water. Warm water with a splash of milk.
I think I am done trying to interfere with the coffee in our house. It just was a disappointment for me.
*SIGH*
I'll go sit in the corner now, and try to do some last minute reading before my exam...
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Snow, ancient lit and weak coffee...
Posted by Meandering Mel at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I have never snowboard before. I want to, but for some reason I have never gotten the opportunity.
Good luck on your test. Man, I do not miss college at all! The funny thing is I am considering going back for Grad School.
I am a huge coffee drinker. If I do not have coffee next to me when I open my eyes in the morning get ready for World War 3. I have got Mr. P trained. LOL.
So in the never ending quest to save money, I went out bought a fancy coffee machine and even a French Press to make coffee at home. I have learned that coffee at home never taste the same. So both machines sit there as kitchen decoration on my counter. *Sigh*
Post a Comment