BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patty's Day!

Ah... one of my favorite holidays of the year! (Right behind Halloween of course.)

Special Happy Birthday to M (With the green hair) and Shirley-bird (not pictured) and my neighbor Greg! (Greg is also not pictured)
L to R - Sal, Jason, The Boy, Robear (can only see his head) and The Roomie.

We weren't planning on having a party this year, after last year being a total mess. (Ugh... because of last years St. Patty's party, there are people who aren't allowed back to parties at my place). But that is another story for another time.

We started off the evening with a friendly round of Bocce Ball. We probably shouldn't have played since the lawn was still damp from all the snow having finally melted. There are a handful of dents in the lawn (sorry neighbors!). Mama Jack was content to leave the babies holed up in the box on the porch and join us for fun and games. She showed us her playful side, as she chased the pallino and the bocce balls around. I had to run her off a few times, since we didn't want to accidentally hit her with one of the balls.
My game was totally off, and while everyone was racking up the points, I only scored once the whole time we were playing. When Sal and Jason showed up, I passed my balls to Sal (who wanted to be a gentleman and let me keep playing) who had a lot better luck than I did. Or maybe just better form... Hmmmm.

Once the sun disappeared we went inside to get the evening rolling with some Jameson's. I'm glad that this year's suaree was close friends, and not rowdy at all. A very enjoyable evening filled with good beer, good company, and the standard bag of chips with salsa. :)

We got Lu and her boy Jon to come over and hang out as well, which was FREAKING awesome. We now have new friends to play with. Lu was introduced to us at the Red Dress Party by Robear. Robear somehow knows damn near everyone in town. Sammy and I joke about it when we go places, because he says hi to probably about 1 out of every 5 people we see. Back to Lu and Jon... Hehe. They fit right in with us, and since they only live 3 houses away, it's convienient too! I love finding new friends that fit in with us. :)

What'd you guys do for fun?


Now that St. Patty's is done and gone, I'm ready for another debaucherous Memorial Day weekend. :) :) :)

0 comments: