Ah... awkward Tuesdays. Where would we be without them? Check out Tova's page for more awkwardness.
It was my sophomore year of high school. I had just discovered what I thought were the coolest kids in school (screw the preppies, cheerleaders, and anyone involved with sports!): I found the hippy kids. And not the my-parents-are-rich-as-hell-so-I-am-faking-this-lifestyle-to-be-defiant hippy kids, but the real ones! My favorite batch of them hung out during the Orchestra room during lunch, and I had started hanging out there too because I also was in Orchestra, and hated the lunch-room. I met Melissa, Jake, Erica, and a handful of other awesome people. Melissa and Jake being my favorite (Melissa is now living in Africa, and it turns out that Jake and I are together!)
Melissa is two years older than me, and I still think that she is the cat's M-E-O-W! Oh, and she also play(s)ed the Viola, which made her even cooler in my eyes.
One moring in the Orchestra room(before school started), Melissa and I were horseing around, and we both heard a big RIP. Yes, my dear friends, it was the sound of jeans tearing in the crotch/bum area. And they certainly were not the other Melissa's pants, but... mine. And not just a little hole, wear a sweatshirt around your waist, hurry home in embarrasment at the end of the day kind of rip. But the kind where you had better hurry and call someone-at-home-to-bring-you-another-pair-of-pants-kind-of-RIP. I was mortified. I was wearing really embarrassing panties, and my butt was hanging out. Melissa immediately gave me her sweatshirt, and helped cover up the hole so I could call my brother. I slowly made my way across the giant room, to make sure no one noticed that my bum was hanging out, butt hiding under a jacket. I made it to the phone, and got lucky that my older brother is an early riser. He was nice enough to respond by grabbing the first pair of pants he saw in my room, and brought them directly to me.
I narrowly avoided a day full of embarrasment, and realized then and there, that my brothers, as big of dorks they can be, are actually pretty freaking cool. They have always been there for me in a pinch, and really aren't as bad as some people's siblings!
So, head over to Tova's to check out more embarassing stories.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Totally Awkward Tuesdays
Posted by Meandering Mel at 8:02 AM
Labels: family, Totally Awkward Tuesdays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Wow, most people don't realize how cool their siblings are until later in life!
Post a Comment