Rafting this weekend could have gone a whole hell of a lot better.
Read about it at my best friends family's blog (written by her mother).
I think it'll be a while before I want to go rafting (or even kayaking) again.
I hate almost drowning. Done it a few times, and while I personally wasn't afraid for my life, there were two others in our group that both thought they were goners. Click on the red link above, to read about it.
(Oh, and I haven't mentioned it in a while, but I really love to road bike. LOVE it. On the way to the river for the second time rafting The Snake, there was a cyclist sprawled in the middle of the road. We were traveling with an EMT and a lady in nursing school. They both jumped out of the car to try and help a doctor, and another nurse who were on the scene. I silently started to freak the F* out. Being clipped by a car is one of my biggest fears while cycling. Turns out the cyclist had bumped tires with the guy in front of him while drafting. Flipped himself, and broke his collar bone, but was stable. The doctor was only worried about a pneumo-thorax (punctured/deflated lung) and they were waiting for an ambulance that had already been called. The poor forest service, they had a hell of a day between the cyclist, and all the boats flipping in The Snake. )
(Oh, and Happy 22nd Birthday to me! Hittin the bar with friends and loved ones tonite. :) )
Have We Forgotten How To Be A Couple?!
2 hours ago

2 comments:
Happy Birthday!!! I hope tonight is a lot more fun than the weekend :-)
Happy Be-lated B.day!!!
I know, I know... I have been a slacker! :-|
Post a Comment