BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 5, 2009

Tova's Moving Extravaganza!

If you guys don't read Tova's blog, well, you should. Go over there right now, especially since I'm a guest blogger today!

As Tova mentioned, I was recently a victim of fraud/identity theft. Which completely freaking sucked, well, it sucked for the first five or so days after finding out. After that I started getting everything straightened out, and my bank was fan*freaking*tastic about it. They understood, and recognized, that the four charges to my account were out of my normal spending habits, especially the $600 shoes out of Italy*. The Christian apparel page had declined my card, because it didn't pass all the levels of security that they have on their page. (Thank heavens!) And after calling Paypal about number 3 of 4 charges, they stopped that one, and refunded my account.

Everything has basically worked out in the end, even though the local police were only useful in that I logged the complaint, had a case number assigned to my situation, and a detective calls every once in a (great) while to check up on things with my account. Basically, they were useless. They have better things to do in this town**. That and all the charges were made over the internet, which is pretty much out of their jurisdiction, and also, there are bigger fish out there they would prefer to fry, not the ones who almost got away with $800 in charges. They want the ones for thousands, and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Makes sense, right?

Well, whatever. I got it all taken care of, and that's all that I care about. :)

Oh, and Happy Friday everyone! Great news, The Roomies (My Boy, and our Roomie) are going camping this weekend. Which leaves me free to hang out with Roomies awesomer-than-awesome girlfriend. Yay! (I really am excited, because she really is that hilarious, awesome, and fun. Plus, she never stops giggling!)

I must go now, and call my mom to go on our 10 mile bike ride. We're taking it easy because tomorrow we're doing a 68 (100km) mile bike race together. (Check back tommorrow for more info).





*Yes, that's right. Shoes. (I actually got the shoes from UPS, and they were so kind to call me and confirm my address, so instead of letting them be delivered, I picked them up. I didn't open them, but I really really really really wanted to. You know, to see if they were my size...)

**Chase/arrest minors of being in possession; pull people over for fake reasons, only to find a bunch of teenagers in the car, and bust them for something stupid; harass the enviromentally concious who longboard/skateboard/bike around town; harass the college students, becuase it really is a dry campus, even though almost everyone has a stash of something in their dorm rooms; make the occasional drug bust. Yeah, they don't really have much to do in my town, and since it's a small college town, they find small, silly things to keep themselves occupied.

1 comments:

ElizaRambles said...

Oh no! Hahahaha. Oh well, you got it all sorted out.

Good blog, I'm a follower now :)