BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Computer Geeks

Construction is OVER! (F* Yeah! Time to celebrate.)

(I got a few extra hours at work to help clean everything up, which was kind of nice.)

Ta-DA! Isn't it awesome? (Everything is so sparkly clean, and... reeks of cleaner)



Helping clean the lab could have sucked, but it was funny for the most part. It was me, and 5-6 other guys that I work with.

The best part was when one of our IT guys said, "Make sure none of the *mumble*mumble*mumble* are daisy-chained."

I managed to keep my mouth shut*, but my head snapped up, looking at the IT guy in confusion. After listening for a moment, I realized the guys were talking about the power strips for each computer**. Not... anything... sexual... Whoops!

-------------------

*Did my best not to burst out laughing!

**When a power strip is plugged into another power strip, it's called "daisy chaining" in geek-ology. It's also against fire code... too bad! ;)




Okay, am I the only one who thinks of sex upon hearing the words "Daisy Chain"? Seriously guys! I asked The Ex-Roomie, and he looked at me funny. I had to tell him what it meant. (We have an awkward relationship...) Then I asked his girlfriend. She thought it was a crochet stitch. I think this means I'm a pervert. Awesome... I think.

4 comments:

Ebony said...

Looks amazingly clean. I've never heard of daisy chain...interesting. :)

Anonymous said...

haha sorry I didn't think of sex when seeing the phrase. :D Can you guys come clean my office??

Marc said...

That shows what geeks a lot of people are. I know about daisy chaining...my first thought was..."Firewire, USB, Ethernet...? Which one?" o_o; Eeesh.

rachaelgking said...

I just had to look up daisy chain.

Thank you for that.