BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Start of the School Year

Is everyone excited that school has started? I am (not!). Hahaha. It'll be good to be back in school, and have a normal routine again. I (sadly) wasted the whole summer, in a glorious lazy fashion. Whoot!

Things have been busy these last couple of weeks, and I have some big news to share.

*My oldest sister had her baby last weekend. His name is Zaiden, and he is the cutest little monster. (I'm always astounded at how tiny brand-new babies are. They seem so fragile!)

*My older brother is workin on gettin himself hitched. He bought a big-fancy-schmancy glittery shiney diamond ring for his girlfriend. I am so excited for him, and to be getting another SIL!

* My visit with my host Oma & Opa (grandparents) from Dresden, Germany was fantastic. We spent a day in the big city checking things out, spent a day at the lake, and even took them to a Demolition Derby. It was all sorts of exciting for all of us!

* Last Tuesday-Friday was Freshman orientation here on campus. (They have a specific course called "Connections" that new students can take that helps them figure everything out on campus. ) In the computer labs we were orientating the students on how to use the labs, and blah blah blah. I got a lot of hours last week, and lost my voice. :)

(See how I get ready for school? I sit back and take pics of myself on the iMacs here at work. Awesome, huh? :) )



I've missed you guys, and I hope to get back into the swing of things. :)

2 comments:

Dissolved Girl said...

All sorts of exciting things going on! Congrats to your sister! New little monsters are awesome. :-)

We did not make it to the fair and that was because it started storming.

rachaelgking said...

Good luck with school, and congrats to your sis!!! :-)