BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

How may I help you?

Sitting behind the at work, I heard the phone ring. Amid trying to help students buy their printouts, explain how their student ID works, and how to add money to their card* I reached over and answered the ringing phone.

In a very sweet voice, I said, "No Name Computer Lab, this is Mel. How can I help you?"

"Hey Mel, this is Jim**, can you hold on a sec?"

"Sure, not a problem."

While holding, I continue to help the remaining students at the counter.

After a few minutes, Jim comes back on the line. "Monica?"

"No Jim, it's Mel, in the No Name Computer Lab."

"Oh, right. What can I do for you?"

"Um, you called me." I replied.

"I did? Are you sure?" Jim asks, sounding more confused by the second.

"Yeah, you called here. I heard the phone ring, answered, and then you asked me to hold." I reminded him. (Doing my best to suppress the giggles.)

"Hm... Ok, I guess we had a mis-communication here... I'll talk to you later then."

"Alright Jim, have a good one!"



Some days, it's good enough to know I'm not the only one...

-------------------------

*I love
(Insert heavy sarcasm) the first week of school. New students have a lot to learn about our campus, and it's frustrating trying to help three other students, while explaining everything to the one who didn't pay attention in freshman orientation last week.


**Obviously not my bosses real name...

2 comments:

Dissolved Girl said...

hahahaha.... Ah, the first days of school. How I do not miss them. I always wished that we could fast forward through the first week or two every year. But the gods like to torture us. :-)

Ebony said...

that's so funny. at least both of you were pleasant about it.