BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, November 13, 2009

Illustrator...

Ok, I give in. After being forced to use this program, and get used to it, it's not as horrible as I thought.

But I still hate it.  (Ya know, for the sake of hating it...)

Let me show you what I did, other than that ridiculous pear:


First, we had to draw a pretty picture, and scan it in.
 
 
 
Then we had to import it into Illustrator (program of doom) and trace over our picture, and illustrator-fy it
 
TA DA!
I did it!
All without my head exploding.


I think we were supposed to only use the pen tool, but I hate that tool (It's such a tool). So for my little hand drawn stars, I used the pencil tool (And a Wiacom tablet - which I love using. ).  Ok, I used the pencil tool on more things than I did the pen tool. So sue me. I got it done, right?

And don't laugh at my alien dude. He's been my friend since the 7th grade (Or was it the 8th? Middle school, either way.)  when I first* drew him in Mr. W's drawing class. 

-------------------------------------------------
*I'll try and dig the original out, because it's kind of cool.  Mr. W could teach almost anyone to draw, he was awesome. (Because face it guys, I'm not exactly the most artistically inclined human alive. - Well, when it comes to drawing or painting)

2 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

The lil alien guy is cool!! I have a lil character I used to draw on all my notebook pages back in college. I'm glad your starting to get the hang of that program. Technology can be such a tool sometimes. =P

Meandering Mel said...

It's been good to use, and in the future I'll be able to help students more. (Which was the point of the training)

I want to see a pic of your character!!