BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bangs-Head-On-Desk

God, I'm such an idiot sometimes!

When I started making my jewelry, people told me that I should try selling it online. I got really excited about it and (shamelessplughere) went all out and made an etsy page, and was all sorts of gung-ho about selling the cool shit that I make.

Well, on December 30th, my very first buyer placed an order. And all orders are sent to the email account that I created to go along with my jewelry blog, and my etsy, and is one that I kind of have stopped checking.

I had given up hope on Etsy, and being able to sell my stuff there. I was letting my current listings expire, and then I was going to abandon that ship.

I checked that specific email this morning (because I am working on making a Tree of Life Pendant for a friend) and noticed a handful of emails from a buyer. Saying that her paypal payment hadn't cleared, and I immediately freaked out. My first etsy buyer!!!  And I currently feel like a complete dumb-ass because I hadn't been checking my etsy, or the email that goes along with it.

I'm going to complete her order, then set to banging my head on a wall... (and will probably take down my etsy page)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh No! I would have felt so bad. I didn't know you made jewelry.

Mel of HandMadeDanglies said...

The lady seems really cool about it, so I'll just send some extra pretties and call it good. :)

It started first as just a hobby and making stuff for myself. But I'm kind of a freak and had quite a collection going. I also need to support my habit... Hahaha (I have zero self control in Hobby Lobby or local bead shops)

Dissolved Girl said...

OMG! I am glad she is ok about it. All my listings have expired on Etsy. I have such a love hate relationship with that place. But hooray for your first sale!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

YIPEE FOR YOUR FIRST BUYER (and a double Yipee that she seems cool about waiting)