It's de- WAIT FOR IT - lightful. Delightful. :) (Extra kudos to whoever can name what TV show that quote is from, and who always splits words up like that)
The snow has finally arrived. In the past week, the snow at the local resort has increased from 30' base depth, to 58' base depth. Oh. My. Goodsness.
Snowboarding Sunday was... indescribable. Knee deep in open areas, bellybutton deep in the trees. I kept holding my breath while carving the crap out of the delicious powda, and was shakey by the time I reached the lift. My oldest brother would be so proud of me!
Even The Boy who last year hated powder, was having a blast yesterday. He even worked up the nerve to go into some trees today! (Ok, 3 trees. Hahahahahaha, he hates the trees so bad) You would be scared of trees too if you were trying to carve with a canoe. (He rides a 171 wide and wears size 14 boots.)
Boarded by thighs off yesterday and this morning. Oh. So. Good.
:)
And the only thing that could ruin this for me? My paycheck being late. If there were anything I could do about it, I would go raise hell. But I work at the University, and they have a gazillion people on payroll, so all I can really do is wait. It's not even showing up in the master system, which usually shows how much will be direct deposited into my account a few days before it's supposed to be deposited. Nothing. Gah. I have bills to pay people! (Ok, not really. They're all paid, because The Boy pays the bills. My paychecks are usually for fun stuff we do, and to cover what he can't cover...)
Hm. Whatever.
Oh hey, have you entered my giveaway yet? Only 3 of you followers have entered, where are the other 24 of you guys hiding?!
Monday, January 25, 2010
It's De -
Posted by Meandering Mel at 3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You know because of you I want to go skiing. My idea of skiing is going to visit my cousin and her husband at their cabin in Colorado, then chill in the hot tub while they spend their days skiing up an down the slopes. :)
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That is also an acceptable way to spend a snowy day. :) (There is a hot springs just north of where I live, and I love going there in the winter. It's freaking cold to go from pool to pool, but the pools are amazing!)
Post a Comment