Buwahahaha. That was just to get everyone's attention. No. I am not having children. Two of my sisters are pregnant, and after my mom told me that J was preggers, she asked me if I had anything exciting to announce. I looked at her and said "NO! Kittens are enough. Maybe someday I'll upgrade and get a fish (not likely) or a puppy."
And... now everyone's asking about the kittens! :) They are so adorable.
Story began a few months ago, we noticed a stray hanging around. We called him "Grey Kitty." But Grey Kitty was a-social and would only let the Mailman (our next-door neighbor) pet him. After having shoveled snow one evening, I went and chatted with the Mailman. I told him that we occasionally put food out for Grey Kitty, and I asked him if Kitty were a boy or girl. He told me, "I don't know. I tried checking once, but he's just as furry on bottom as he is on top!" I about died laughing when he said that. Mailman picked up Grey Kitty and passed him to me. Instant friends! :)
After that, Grey Kitty started being more friendly with The Boy, The Roomie and I. :) To the point he would hang out on our front porch and meow until we came out and petted him. The Roomie renamed Grey Kitty as "Captain Simple Jack." (The Simple Jack reference being from "Tropic Thunder." Not sure about the Captain part...)
Last week, we noticed Cpt. Simple Jack was sleeping in a bag of potting soil that we had on our front porch. No problem, right? Cpt. Simple Jack looked a little bigger around the middle, but when we picked him up, he still felt like skin and bones.
Enter Monday morning. The Mailman had heard strange noises all night long, and just thought it was some of the other cats in the neighborhood fighting. As James left for work he heard/saw Cpt. Simple Jack moving in circles in the bag of potting soil. At about 11am, The Boy and I went outside, and discovered that in fact, Cpt. Simple Jack is not a he, but a she! Mama Jack (poor cat has gone through a lot of names with us. ) gave birth to 3 kittens in our bag of potting soil. There are two calicos, and a black one. They are so cute. :) And we upgraded Mama Jack's bag of potting soil to a cardboard box (with a towel inside, and plastic and fleece around the outside.)
In these pictures, the kittens are only two days old. They were born on March 9th. :)
Have We Forgotten How To Be A Couple?!
3 hours ago

4 comments:
Oh she is a cute kitty! And her kittens are so adorable. Your heading caught me so off guard. haha nice work go tmy attention. I knew you wouldn't be pregos though.
She really is a sexy kitty! I wonder who the daddy is since she has such colorful kitties!
Hehehe. I knew everyone would see that heading and freak out. Buwahahahaha!
And I think the daddy is a black cat down the street. :)
Oh my, those kitties are so cute! I want a cat so bad but I am allergic. :-( Darn those allergies!
Congrats to your sisters!
Post a Comment